Here’s to the crazy ones.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them,
disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?
We make tools for these kinds of people.
While some see them as the crazy ones,
we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.
The above quote is inspiring. I googled about it and learnt it was written by Apple computers in the 1990s, under the instructions of their visionary Steve Jobs. It reminds me of the Wayseer Manifesto too.
I think it takes courage and conviction to not allow ourselves be conformed to the limiting mindset of the world because most of the time the society tends to expect us to toe the line. Perhaps one way to change the mindset is to change the system from the inside out, like what Steve Jobs did. Another way is to champion the cause for equality and freedom through communication channels, such as emails and blogs, which serve as alternative media, compared to the mainstream media propaganda.
Above all, perhaps the best way is to live our life in such freedom and creativity that our life itself is a bold and visible statement and presence to the rest that it is ultimately rewarding and fulfilling to be our authentic self, not bound by external rules, but motivated and ruled by our heart of compassion and vision, to heal, to inspire and to contribute to the evolution and development of the world.
- Here’s to the crazy ones! (thelifeexperienceofjoejackson.wordpress.com)
- Remembering Steve Jobs (greatfinds.icrossing.com)
- Steve Jobs was right (kishajnalka.com)
- Here’s to the crazy ones/Writing Thoughts by Dead Writers, Steve Jobs (adventuresinamericanwriting.wordpress.com)
- Two Great Steve Jobs Videos: His First TV Interview and the Crazy Ones (capitalogix.typepad.com)
- Inspiration of The Day: The Crazy Ones (breonajai.wordpress.com)
- Here’s to the Crazy Ones (bobinvienne.com)
- Here’s to the crazy ones (vnvsatyendra.wordpress.com)
- Change (carolemendonca.wordpress.com)
- Quote of the Week (yabookreviewer.wordpress.com)