Source: Mindful Muscle
It is intriguing to see how the key parts of the brain function during meditation. Maybe our brain is wired or designed for meditation, so that the physical aspect of our being is able to activate or facilitate the mental and mystical/spiritual/metaphysical aspect of our being. For example, the diagram shows that meditation slows down activity in the parietal lobe which processes sensory information about the surrounding world. This may enable us to transcend space and time, and access insight and wisdom that is beyond the natural realm of the five senses. I think it allows us to touch that deep, eternal space/place of peace and bliss, and our brain is therefore designed to make this possible.
- Compassion meditation may boost neural basis of empathy, study finds (sciencedaily.com)
- Learn More about The Benefits Of Meditation (zoewillsdon-positivethinking.com)
- Just say “Om!” Is meditation right for you? (massageenvy.com)
- Why Meditate (buddhabeach.wordpress.com)
- Bringing meditation in the workplace – Article #1 (meaningfulwesternlife.com)