I came across this interesting website while finding time to rest from work. I thought it is a simple yet important exercise to do nothing for 2 minutes, though it may not be as easy as it sounds, since I had to resist the urge to just do something even while I was resting earlier on, such as checking emails and so on. But I think listening to the sound of the waves in the website is helpful because somehow the sound of the waves on the seashore resembles the sound of my own breathing, which has a calming and relaxing effect on me.
I suppose I am not alone in facing this because this Zen article also recognises that doing nothing is an art that needs to be honed and practised over time. The article concluded that the art of doing nothing cannot be mastered overnight and it will take hours and hours of practice, of hard work, but we will enjoy every minute of it, and we can try it today.
- Shore (hoogator.wordpress.com)
- Zen Tea Quote (thepeacefulyogini.wordpress.com)
- When Two Zen Masters Meet (zenflash.wordpress.com)
- The Sea (thesquattingsasquatch.wordpress.com)
- The Isle of You (darcyfication.wordpress.com)
- Waves and what they tell me…a parable. (jessicahof.wordpress.com)
- Your Endless Sea (annieb222.com)
- Zen Buddhist to lead Mystic Heart in art of doing nothing
- The Art of Doing Nothing