Yes, what is considered normal in the modern society run by the monetary system is actually dysfunctional because the scenario describes how people are enslaved to work in and for the system to pay off the debt for the car and the house that they hardly have time to live in. Like what someone commented, even if they win the rat race, they are still rats. We are meant to be humans and enjoy life and freedom as humans, and the monetary system has been dehumanising us. Someone else also observed that we have been enslaved by technology instead of being freed by it. That is mostly true, hence I agree with The Venus Project that “In a more humane civilization, instead of machines displacing people they would shorten the workday, increase the availability of goods and services, and lengthen vacation time.” Yes, with new, clean and efficient technology, we will have less time at work, more productivity and more time to enjoy life and explore life’s mysteries and build relationships with other people and so on.
- The Venus Project: Designing the Future (realrest.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts on “Where are we now?” – Presentation by Peter Joseph (realrest.wordpress.com)
- A Very Condensed Case for Revolution (realrest.wordpress.com)
- “The Earth does not belong to man; Man belongs to the Earth” (realrest.wordpress.com)
- 9. The IMF Proposes New Global Monetary System (12160.info)